Wednesday, July 2, 2008

July Inspiration Class

This month we will celebrate Christmas in July. Our featured stamp set for July's Inspiration class is The Snowflake Spot, which will sadly be retiring in August. I'd forgotten how much I love this stamp set until I started working with it again. I used a lot of inspiration and CASEd some ideas from SCS. Here's the set of cards we will make at class. {Red Cheers recipe}
Inspired by this card by Momscrzr on SCS
Stamps: The Snowflake Spot
Ink: Encore Silver, Real Red
Paper: PTI White, Real Red
Accessories: Clear embossing powder, Snowflake Cuttlebug folder, 5/8" red grosgrain ribbon{Gold Cheers recipe}
Inspired by this card by Annette Polsky on SCS
Stamps: The Snowflake Spot
Ink: Encore Gold, Versamark, Bravo Burgandy
Paper: PTI White, Bravo Burgandy, Brushed Gold
Accessories: Clear embossing powder, gold thread

{Ornament Joy recipe}
Inspired by this card by Kristina Werner
Stamps: The Snowflake Spot
Ink: Real Red Craft, Old Olive Craft, Brocade Blue Craft, Versamark, Basic Black
Paper: Kraft
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig
{Snowflake Wreath recipe}
Inspired by this card by suzstamps on SCS
Stamps: The Snowflake Spot, Little Pieces
Ink: Mellow Moss, Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Real Red
Paper: PTI White, Real Red, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Red satin ribbon (I might go back and add brads to the red flowers...){Soft Sky Cheers recipe}
Stamps: The Snowflake Spot
Ink: Soft Sky, Sage Shadow
Paper: Soft Sky, Sage Shadow, Certainly Celery, Wntergreen DSP (I think that's the name???)
Accessories: Soft Sky double-stitched ribbon, celery brads, nestibilities, corner rounder

{Blue Joy recipe}
Completely CASEd this card by Danielle Lounds, except I added the IRI embossing powder Stamps: The Snowflake Spot
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue, Versamark
Paper: Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
Accessories: Iridescent Ice embossing powder, White embossing powder, White taffeta ribbon, circle punches, slot punch, rhinestone brad, silver brad

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really cute cards, Kim! I especially love the kraft one with the ornaments hanging...so cool!

Unknown said...

Kim, I LOVE snowflakes, & these cards are AWESOME....can't wait to do them.

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, Kim, these are all superb! I'm really lovin the red, white, and green wreath! Soooo pretty!

Julia Aston said...

Wow! I love all these cards -most especially the wreath one! this reminds me I REALLY need to start my Christmas cards!