Thursday, July 24, 2008

Cake Inspiration Challenge

This gorgeous cake is for Jenn's Dare to Get Dirty Inspiration Challenge. Just looking at this cake amazes me. This must be a primo designer cake. I never saw cakes like this when I was planning my wedding! While I was out yesterday, I found this paper by American Crafts that really reminded me of the cake. I picked it up along with a few others in the same family (green, black, white) to play with just for this challenge. It's really perfect for this, don't you think?

I wanted to add a whole row of the brads, but I only had seven, so I had to come up with a different plan. I was able to find this green ribbon, which I think works well. Sure wish it was thicker though.

This layout is from Julee's Monday Mojo Sketch 47. I didn't follow the sketch exactly, but I think it can still qualify. {Mon Amie recipe}
Stamps: Carte Postale
Ink: Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss
Paper: Conqueror White, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, American Crafts
Accessories: black brads, ribbon by American Crafts

I'll post the last of the Punch Class cards Friday night.

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, where have I been? I have missed all of these beautiful cards you've posted! This card is stunning! I have to admit, when I saw the cake I thought--yuck!! But this card captures it perfectly and is so elegant!
LeAnne

Denise Marzec said...

Love your interpretation of Jenn's inspiration piece! Perfect paper and perfect ribbon.

Angie Tieman said...

This is gorgeous and so striking! I love that color combo for the challenge. Also love your matching envelope, I need to do that too! TFS!

Jenn D said...

This is really pretty. I think the brads and ribbon are fabulous!

Jennifer Buck said...

Beautiful! LOVE this! :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Beautiful card. A perfect match for the inspiration piece. Thanks for playing my challenge! :)