Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Dogtor's Orders

I made this card for Kim Muhl at PaperTastic Creations. She tripped over her parents' dog. Luckily, she and the dog survived, but now Kim has to have surgery for a fracture in her foot. You'll be glad to know that the dog felt terrible and tried to make amends with enthusiastic licking! I thought this card was appropriate. She's probably received it by now, and if not, I think she's staying with her parents and is on dial-up, so this won't give anything away.

I love this little dog set by My Favorite Things (MFT) called Friends Furever. This is the first time I've used it. I based this card on Jen Del Muro's Sketch For You to Try from a few weeks back. Little paw prints line the bottom of the inside of the card.
{Dogtor's Orders recipe}
Stamps: Friends Furever by MFT, Dogtor's Orders by The Cat's Pajamas, I Love My Dog by Hero Arts
Ink: Palette Noir
Paper: PTI White, Whisper White, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Barely Banana, unknown patterned paper
Accessories: 5/8" red grosgrain ribbon, vintage brass brad, Copic markers

Speaking of dogs, I just love mine! Here's a picture of the three of them from when we first adopted Georgia. Addy is on the left. She's our current CCI service dog in training who goes back in August (ouch!). Tanith is in the middle. She was the third CCI dog we raised, and she was released from the program while in advanced training. Yep, she just decided the working life wasn't for her and went on to be our spoiled family pet. On the far right is our little one, Georgia, recently adopted from a local shelter. You can read more about that here. She's doing pretty well. Okay, she's a bit of a pain...picked up some bad habits from her previous owners (which is perfectly understandable as they had their hands full with two preschoolers). Mainly she jumps, "Hey, what's that on the counter? Something there for me? Sure smells good" or "Oh, hello! I'm so happy to meet/see you!" She also steals, "Ooooh, these socks are lying right here on the floor. They must be for me. I can just take them and run." She chews inappropriately too, "Hmmm, what can I find in this garbage can? Look at this pretty white paper all crumbled up in a ball. I'll just take it into the living room and tear it into little bits. Uh, oh, mom's here! I wonder why she's looking at me like that?" And every now and then, she still potties in the house, "Playing is so much fun! Uh-oh! I really have to go potty. Where are those two big people? I really gotta go....Oops!" But, she's awfully cute, and we just love her!

7 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

OMG, this is an awesome doggy card...and I'm SO glad I saw this. I was just searching for a new layout for one of my projects..and I think this is IT! Thanks for the inspiration, girlie!!

Pamela Smerker said...

Oh this is a great card and I love the doggie prints in the inside of the card. WAY cool!

Dawn Easton said...

Love your card...it's adorable!! Your puppies are cute too ;)

Becky Carafa said...

This is so adorable, Kim! I'm sure she loved it!

LeAnne said...

Cute card, I love the "Dogtor orders"! Thanks for sharing your furbabies, too. My sister does training for Canine Partners for Life, so I know how it is to have them, then let them go! Thanks for doing something awesome, though!
LeAnne

Marie said...

This card is adorable and so are the real puppies!!! I really like the added detail of stamping on the inside. So cute!

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh - Kim - this card is gorgeous!!!
Love the doggy image!!!

Your three *babies* are super adorable!!!