Friday, October 10, 2008

October Inspiration #3

Lauren didn't do a Saturday Sketch this weekend, but she was working on something BIG to share with you. You can find out what she's been working on at her blog.

I almost forgot that I haven't shared the rest of my Pick a Petal Inspiration class cards with you. I saw something similar to this on Splitcoast, so I decided to see what I could do. I used my new Big Shot and Bigz scallop die to create the card base from Summer Sun. Then I stamped one of the Pick a Petal centers and added twelve petals around it, cut out the image in one piece, and adhered it to the card base. The top layer is twelve petals individually cut out and glued at the tips on top of the other petals. I used the round scallop punch and a hand held 1/8" punch to create the chocolate center of the sunflower, and punched out a 1 3/8" yellow circle to mount behind the chocolate center piece. The center is popped up on dimensionals. {Sunflower recipe}
Stamps: Pick a Petal
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke
Paper: Summer Sun, Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke
Accessories: round scallop punch, 1/8" punch, and 1 3/8" circle punch

2 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

This is awesome!! What a great way to use the Pick a Petal set, maybe I better dig mine out again! TFS!

LeAnne said...

Girl, you are amazing. This is incredible. How long did it take you to make this? You have infinite patience!!
LeAnne