Saturday, August 30, 2008

It's Saturday Sketch Time!

Thursday was day one in the new building. I cried. All morning. Then I just stared at all the boxes and junk in my room and wandered the halls aimlessly in the afternoon until finally I mustered up enough energy and mindfulness to start moving furniture. Luckily, that was all it took for the overwhelming feeling to pass (mind you...SIX moves in six years...I was so not ready to do it again). Friday was much better. I finally started unpacking boxes, and feel like things will hopefully go smoothly this weekend. Hopefully, I can get the classroom all unpacked and set up before Monday. It would be nice to spend some time planning for the kiddos! We start school Wednesday. Sure hope the new building is ready for students by then.

Do you think there's stamping time in the midst of all of this? Well, normally, I would say no, but this time, it's a yes! I had to. It's Lauren's Saturday Sketch time! Can't skip out on that kind of fun! One of the great things about being on her design team that I was really looking forward to was exactly this...forced participation! So, tonight I created a card about, what else? School. First time inking up these Kim Hughes Making the Grade stamps and two backgrounders from Cornish Heritage Farms. More stamps suffering from time to purchase, but no time to stamp syndrome. I just went off to find you a link to my backgrounders at CHF, but couldn't find them. Ellen Hutson also sells them at her online store. I used markers to stamp the images and I colored in the tree by using inks and an aquapainter. The little apples have Sakura Glaze gel pen on them. Can't see it too well. Crystal Effects might have been a better choice.

I also set up my new light tent in a matter of minutes to snap this photo. Seriously, no time to bother with directions. Not the best, but probably better than I would have gotten otherwise. Thank you, Ebay! I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunity to test out the tent as time goes on. Anyway, ramble, ramble...Enjoy!
{School recipe}
Stamps: Kim Hughes' Making the Grade from Cornish Heritage Farms, AlphaNumber backgrounder, Lined Paper backgrounder
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Paper: Kraft, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Summer Sun, Whisper White
Accessories: Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon, SU! markers in Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Real Red, Summer Sun, and Bashful Blue

Okay, things might get quiet over here. I will post those POM class close-up photos and recipes just as soon as I can come up for air.

16 comments:

Maria said...

oh wow 6 in 6 years!! I wish you luck!!

This card is awesome! Where did you get the light tent?

Angie Tieman said...

Love, love, love this!!! It's the cutest school card ever! I feel for ya moving and setting up rooms, hang in there, it will be awesome when you're done and the kids will love it!

p.s. Do tell more about the light tent...where did you get it, etc. I need one badly since returning back to work now too!

Bonnie said...

This is perfect for school days!! Six times in 6 years - now that sucks! Hopefully this one is a keeper!!

Sew Club said...

Cute card!

K said...

I love your card! I'm a teacher too so I can appreciate your feeling of getting ready. That first week is just a killer. I've actually been in school for four weeks now.

MacKenzie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

Unknown said...

Well, good luck with unpacking!! I've always hated that part of moving!!

And girl...this card is so amazing!! I LOVE it!!

Kevin Renz said...

Great job Kim, it just screams the beginning of school and fall. See you tomorrow :)

Pamela Smerker said...

6 moves in 6 years, I would cry too! I bet you are a pro at packing though!
Great card, its starting to feel like fall!!

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who, like you, moved every year....and I got to help her! I was very happy that she didn't have to move this year! Anyway, good luck to you this year and by the way, what a beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Kim! Hope you get everything unpacked with some planning time in there as well! I'll send up a prayer for you! Hugs ~Cindy

Linda Beeson said...

LOVE Kim's stamps - Cute card!

Ashley Newell said...

I love this! What a fantastic card!

LeAnne said...

Kim, this card is adorable---this is not my style, but I have been drawn to this set over & over again, as I see so many people using it in neat & creative ways! I hope you got through the move & the first day of school. Time has a way of forcing us to do things! I have missed visiting your blog and hope to catch up soon!
LeAnne

Lynn Put said...

Happy Birthday Girl!
Your card is absolutely adorable and perfect for this time of year!

Hope you have a great day and that school is going good for ya!

Jenn Muraoka said...

Ahhh, sweetie, sorry you felt that way, but I can definitely see why. It must be quite overwhelming for you!! Sounds like you're doing better in your later posts. I guess you just have to push through it! You're doing a wonderful job. Keep your chin up and just keep stampin when you can!!! Big Hugs, Jenn