Tuesday, June 2, 2009

March Stamp Club #1

We made this card for March stamp club. I actually made it for Lauren's Saturday Sketch, but I never got it posted. Speaking of Lauren's Saturday Sketch, I had to bow out of being on the design team. I just wasn't getting cards made for the posts, and I didn't feel it was right for me to continue as a design team member. She's changed up the Saturday Sketches to have other challenges too. I'm enjoying following what she and the gals are doing each week.

I didn't get any of the new cute Stampin' Up! Easter sets from the Occasions Mini-Catalog, so I had to scrounge a bit. I used Loads of Love and its Accessories sets to make this card. The images are colored with watercolor pencils and a blender pen. I was reminded of why I never use the watercolor pencils. I never like the way the images turn out. Maybe it's just me and my bad technique, but I don't feel as though it looks as watercolored as when I just use the classic ink pads. The purple piece is embossed using the dots texture plate and Big Shot. The black trim is made using the eyelet trim punch.
{Easter Wishes}
Stamps: Load of Love, Loads of Love Accessories
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: PTI White, Pretty in Pink, Lovely Lilac, Whisper White, Basic Black
Accessories: Coluzzle circle templates, eyelet trim punch, watercolor pencils, blender pen, texturz plate, big shot

1 comment:

Angie Tieman said...

Very pretty! Love the colors, that pop of black and the texture!