Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday Sketch

Happy Saturday! I'm delighted to say I managed to do the Saturday Sketch this week. I really miss stamping these days. It's rare that I find time to do any. I have to say those pregnancy hormones have destroyed most of my creative juices! I even cheated with this card. The main image is an old one from the set Meet Me at the Cafe by My Favorite Things. I've had the main panel stamped, colored, and even mounted on the olive cardstock for probably a year now. The awning is stamped on a scrap of patterned paper, cut out, and mounted over the main image with dimensionals. The coloring is done with my SU! markers (before I had my Copics). Even if I cheated, it felt good to get something put together last night. It was just about the only time I've been vertical this week. I've been home sick with a terrible cold since Tuesday afternoon. I don't remember the last time I had such a bad cold. Did me in, I tell ya! I'm still recovering. Hope you all are faring better against the germs!
{Bon Amie recipe}
Stamps: Meet Me at the Cafe by MFT
Ink: Palette Noir
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Basic Black, patterned paper ?
Accessories: gold brads, kiwi buttons, 1" and 1 1/8" circle punches, nestabilities, SU! markers
Check out what the other girls did with Lauren's sketch this week:
I actually felt good enough today that I've photographed my January Stamp Club cards from a few weeks back and have set up posts for this week. Yay!
Now, I have to get busy with February's cards. I just realized that I have clubs again starting later this week! I love having all the gals over, but where does the time go? I can't even fathom how I was doing this and card classes and working in my real life before pregancy!!!! Will my mojo ever come back????

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is SO cute. I have a cafe stamp I got at the Expo but can't remember who made it....looks similar. Never thought of putting an awning on it....thanks for the idea.