Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Belated First Father's Day

Hello, friends! It's been awhile since I've posted, and that's because I've been enjoying spending summer time with hubs and baby AND I've been stamping! Yesterday, I photographed and uploaded 20 cards/projects to be able to share with you.

To celebrate Keith's first Father's Day, I made him a card and a canvas. Here's the card. I really like how it turned out. Super simple and masculine. I realized that I NEVER make masculine cards...ever. My poor stampers. I'll have to make a point to at least make a few a year.

The BEST thing about this card (besides the fact that it signifies we are finally parents) is that it scored me a Big Byte (you know...the Crop-O-Dile's cousin). That's right. This is actually a $50 kind of card. I couldn't help it if my Crop-O-Dile just wouldn't reach in far enough to set those inner jumbo eyelets. And, of course, by then the whole card was finished except for those. So, it had to be done.
Confession...I did write on the inside before I photographed the card. Before I wrote on it, this IS what it looked like, but I had to cheat and make a temporary inside so I could take the picture without the writing.

Now I also made him a super simple canvas using a photo of Kate from when she was only 11 days old. I just love the way she's looking up at him. All I did to make the canvas was paint it cream colored and slap on the photo and these pre-made vinyl words. I was not up for being very creative with this project.

Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: